12 Month Industrial Placement PHP Developer
Job Title: Web Developer
Vacancy Location: Milton Park, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Are you a talented PHP developer, looking for a challenge? We are looking for a Junior PHP developer with a passion for delivering excellent quality software. Working within a tight-knit agile team you’ll be part of Oxford’s most exciting web application development team.
You will join our development team working on a variety of new and existing projects, currently including e-commerce systems, data warehouses and bespoke web applications.
You will help us expand our team of talented developers keen to produce high quality software for exciting and innovative projects. Using agile methodologies you’ll help the continuous improvements in our development process and bring your experience and own ideas to the workflow.
We like to select the right tool / CMS for the job. Our current technology stack includes Symfony, Doctrine, PHPUnit, Behat, and MySQL working together in a traditional LAMP stack.
You should be able to demonstrate your thought processes and explain your design decisions as well as give and receive constructive criticism.You have an understanding of industry best-practice and software development processes, including accessibility and automated testing. Experience of TDD would be a benefit. You write code that adheres to coding standards and know when and how to apply design patterns to your solutions.
Working closely within the development team you enjoy collaborating in development decisions and are eager to learn and stay on top of new technologies. You take a positive, self-motivated approach and are able to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Experience of Object Oriented programming
- HTML + CSS
- Knowledge of different programming paradigms (such as Functional, declarative etc.)
- Automated testing (We use PHPUnit and Behat)
- PHP Frameworks such as Symfony2
- Step debugging e.g xDebug
- Open Source contributions
- Experience with Agile development techniques
- Good problem solving skills
- E-commerce systems
- Front end development
- API development
- Linux/Unix server administration
- Experience with devOps/ Continuous Integration
- Experience with templating languages such as Twig, Blade and BootStrap framework.
- Experience working with Cloud computing services
Package and benefits summary
- £13,500 - £16,000 based on experience and skills
- 20 days holiday, plus public and bank holidays
- Flexible working
- You'll have the opportunity to learn from an team of highly skilled developers
- Scope to attend industry events such as Symfony Live and The PHP UK Conference
- Corporate gym membership
- Working with great brands and clients
- Relaxed and friendly office environment
If you want to apply to join our team, please fill in your details below and we shall be in contact with you shortly.
SORRY, NO AGENCIES
Interested in working with us? Launch our planner to get started.
Biff Bang Pow67D Innovation Drive, Milton Park Abingdon, OxfordshireOX14 4RQ
General Enquiries: +44 (0) 1235 202161Find Us