Firefox 23 arrives
Tuesday 6th August 2013
Firefox 23 has officially been launched today for Windows, Mac, Linuz and Android. It now has a mixed content blocker and network monitor on the desktop side, not to mention the new branding.
The mixed content blocker prevents nonsecure content on a website being read by attackers, whilst the new network monitor breaks down individual website components to highlight how long it take for each to load.
Other new features or improvements:
• NEW: Mixed content blocking enabled to protects users from man-in-the-middle attacks and eavesdroppers on HTTPS pages (learn more).
• NEW: Options panel created for Web Developer Toolbox.
• CHANGED: Updated Firefox Logo.
• CHANGED: Improved about:memory’s functional UI.
• CHANGED: Simplified interface for notifications of plugin installation.
• CHANGED: Enabled DXVA2 on Windows Vista+ to accelerate H.264 video decoding.
• CHANGED: Users can now switch to a new search provider across the entire browser.
• CHANGED: CSP policies using the standard syntax and semantics will now be enforced.
• CHANGED: rendering improvements (see bug 838675).
• CHANGED: Replace fixed-ratio audio resampler in webrtc.org capture code with Speex resampler and eliminate pseudo-44000Hz rate.
• CHANGED: “Load images automatically” and Always show the tab bar” checkboxes removed from preferences and reset to defaults.
• DEVELOPER: HTML5 form control implemented.
• DEVELOPER: Write more accessible pages on touch interfaces with new ARIA role for key buttons.
• DEVELOPER: Social share functionality.
• DEVELOPER: Added unprefixed requestAnimationFrame.
• DEVELOPER: Implemented a global browser console.
• DEVELOPER: Dropped blink effect from text-decoration: blink; and completely removed element
• DEVELOPER: New feature in toolbox: Network Monitor.
• FIXED: Various security fixes.
Interested in working with us? Launch our planner to get started.
Biff Bang Pow67D Innovation Drive, Milton Park Abingdon, OxfordshireOX14 4RQ
General Enquiries: +44 (0) 1235 202161Find Us